Thursday, February 19, 2009

Is there a book or class for Cell-Phone-Dummies?

Yesterday I was setting up my new cell phone, trying to familiarize myself with it. See, I'm one of those people who carries a cell phone, might make a few calls, but am still so tech-illiterate that I don't usually text or anything else. I don't have the skills to take pictures and get them sent to people - it doesn't work for me! But I took a picture of the kids and attempted to send it to my mom. As soon as I hit "send" a message popped up saying, "Saving to Send"...I thought it meant it was being sent to a different location and I'd have to go retrieve it, or maybe it got lost somewhere. So I kept hitting the "send" button. I get a text back from "Mom" and it said, "Who are you?" I started laughing, because I thought somehow in getting a new phone that maybe it didn't identify who I was on her end (I told you I'm no smarty-pants with this stuff, so you can continue to laugh). So I send back, "Miss Text Dummy"...getting a good chuckle, thinking "Mom" will too. I get another text back saying, "Leave me alone"...by this time I'm thinking I must have actually sent all those texts when I thought it wasn't working! So then I picture this crazy confused look on my poor mother's face and start laughing hysterically, to tears actually. I called Jamie at work and relayed what had happened and he started laughing, too. He said "You should reply with 'You can't make me'" and I started laughing even harder thinking about how funny that would be for "Mom" to receive a text reply "You can't make me" to her "Leave me alone" - I mean, I was crying and laughing so hard at this thought. So instead I texted, "Mom trying to send pic of kids Jamie said I should reply You can't make me"...thinking she'll figure out it's me...again more laughing and tears on my end. I then call my sister to relay all the funny texting going on, and she laughs with me, too - we're both just picturing my poor mother trying to get away from this crazy texter! Then I get another text that says, "I'm turning my phone of bc I don't know you" - again I erupt into tears and laughter. I walk away to compose myself and then after a few minutes my curiosity gets the best of me and I go over and realize that I had been texting someone other than my mother! I got the last digit wrong on the phone number! So I just started laughing at myself and proceeded to send my mother an e-mail to relay what had transpired, the subject line was "your daughter, the retard" I did resend the photo to her cell phone, and she actually got it - whew! At least I know it works now! I also sent the poor recipient a final text apologizing for the mix-up and they sent me a "LOL it's ok." I am entitled to a blond moment every now and then!

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm still getting a good laugh out of all of this, too. You crack me up!!! Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only funny because I would do that too. I'm the only person in Japan who actually uses her phone to make calls! Even Chris can text...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.