This year I decided to use vinegar and food coloring, so it was an experiment all around. Normally Jamie handles the egg coloring, but I decided I would be brave and take it on. We only had a few casualties, much better than I had predicted. I could not get a good purple (or pink) at all, but the other colors were much more vibrant than any kit we've ever bought.
We named this one "The Ugly Egg" because we attempted to make it purple...then Morgan dunked it in red for a while (turned a nice burnt orange color) and then she insisted in trying blue last - so we surrendered to having one ugly egg.
Poor egg, it's frowning.
Fun! We dyed eggs yesterday, too. And I, like you, didn't succumb to a store-bought kit this year. We used vinegar and food coloring and the kids loved every minute of it. Well, except Cole since he spilled yellow food coloring on his new khaki shorts. That spoiled his mood pretty quick. But, the eggs did turn out great and if I can keep my girls from eating them all we might have an egg hunt in the yard later today. Happy Easter!!! We love you all!
ReplyDeleteWell - no matter what color, they'll all make a good egg salad sandwich! No one will ever know.
ReplyDelete