Thursday, July 17, 2008
New Menu Item
Morgan is not a very good eater, in fact she rarely eats. She likes chocolate milk, pretzels, cookies, crackers (most varieties), and gummy fruit snacks...not much else. Today she shared a PB&J sandwich at the pool with her friend Emily and I was in shock - very impressed! I had tried feeding her those many times, but she always refused. So after her nap I had a PB&J sandwich waiting for her. When she saw it, she quickly grabbed it and started chomping away. As you can see, she ate quite a bit of the 1/2 sandwich I made. At this point, every bite counts - so I consider it a success. I read once that toddlers only need to eat about 1 Tablespoon of food per year in age at each meal - so if I can get 2 Tbsp down her...it's a major win!!! I've been supplementing a lot of Pediasure lately, so this might help us out. Not only are PB&J's easier on the budget, it will give her some added fat that she so desperately needs. She has finally hit 27 pounds and is about 36" tall. I just hope this phase lasts longer than most - she usually shows interest for a day or two and then no more. Tomorrow I may try cutting it into triangles or using cookie cutters to make other shapes - whatever it takes to keep her interested!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you and Jane have something in common. She won't eat anything a normal kid would eat. (like sandwiches and macaroni and cheese.) However, she will eat a whole can of kidney bean and bag of frozen lima beans... you crazy tots!
ReplyDelete-Brooke