Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Day 1 - Welcome to Six Flags!
We left Sunday at 6:30 AM for Atlanta, about a 4- 4 1/2 hour drive. We were too early to check into the hotel, so we headed straight for Six Flags. The forecast was supposed to be partly cloudy and high in the low 80's. I'm pretty sure there were no clouds to be seen all day and the low 80's were easily surpassed! It was a HOT one, but we stayed until almost closing time. The boys received free admission for taking part in a Read to Succeed program at school - 6 hours of extracurricular reading...so we used it as a vacation getaway. Morgan and Grammy spent most of the day together, but we met up at one point to go on the Thunder River. It turned out to be a disaster for Morgan, we may have scarred her for life...but it was a success for the rest of us - no one had a dry spot left!! At one point we were surprised by sprayers - Morgan and I had it straight in the face and ears...Morgan HATES water near her face and especially in the ears. - EARS ARE OFF LIMITS!! So you can imagine how traumatized she was - "ALL DONE, ALL DONE, I GET OUT, ALL DONE"...I felt so awful for her. Later in the day Grammy, Kaden and Kolton all headed back for a second round while Morgan and I rode the Sky Buckets...she had so much fun up high looking out over the park. Later we took two train rides and passed by the Thunder River and I asked Morgan if she remembered it. She covered her ears and said, "All wet, water in ears" and I asked her if she wanted to ride again and she said, "NO!" Poor baby. The boys had a great time, though. I forced Kolton on his first roller coaster ride, to which he protested...but at the end decided it wasn't too bad. We later rode a milder roller coaster, but two was enough for the boys - guess I'll have to wait for all the kids to get older or wait for the hubby to enjoy more roller coaster fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.